Monday, April 21, 2008

Brittany's High Plains Round Ripple



This is the Round Ripple I made for Brittany, the Assistant Manager at my apartment complex. She has been so sweet to Hilly and I and has become a good friend. She recently moved and told me she was changing her color scheme, so when I found out what colors she was using, I went stash diving and found the perfect colors for her. I made this one bigger than the last one, so that it is more functional. The last one I made was smaller because she said they needed something to put on the back of the couch for decoration. I wanted them to be able to cover up with this one, and they can!

I love the picture of it folded in half on the railing. I am going to figure out how to make a round ripple into a shawl. It would be too thick and heavy to wear one like it is pictured, so I need to figure out how to make it thinner. Maybe in thread?? I'll have to think on it a while and do some experimenting to see what I can come up with.

As you can tell by all of the pictures in my posts, I love to make round ripples. This is number 22. I have also made 4 round ripple rugs, so all together that is 26. Oh, I have also made a few in thread, but I don't count them since they weren't real big.

No comments: