Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Round Ripple Rug

I was trying to organize some of my yarn (that is going to be a HUGE job) and I came across yarn I forgot I had bought. I grabbed some of it and tried to decide what I could make with it. I was looking for a fast project, since I am trying to get packed up to move. I decided that since I like making Round Ripple Afghan's so much, I'd make something with that pattern. I ended up making a 2 Strander Round Ripple RUG. It turned out great. It is thick, soft and just the right size. Hilly came home from school, saw it and claimed it as hers for our new place. I am making a second one for her. I am using almost the same colors (using white instead of pink) but in reverse.

I used Caron Pounder Soft Pink, Yarn Bee Soft Delight Fuchsia, and Yarn Bee Soft Delight Dark Blue. It is 22 rows and 36" point to point. I used a size J hook. This is the smallest hook I have ever done a 2 Strander with (I usually use at least an N hook), but since it is a rug, I wanted it to be thick with very few holes in it.




No comments: