Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Bed Rest Projects -- Part One

I have been on bed rest since March 5th and I am going a little bit bonkers. I have degenerative disc disease, and it has gotten much worse in the past year. I had excruciating pain in my right leg along with numbness and weakness, so I made a Doctor's appointment, It usually takes a week to get in to see my Orthopedist, but I was able to get in 2 days after I called. I was put on bed rest and was given pain pills and muscle relaxers. When that didn't work, my next option was to have an epidural, and since bed rest and medication wasn't working, I had the epidural. It did take most of the pain away, but I have more numbness in my leg than I did before, which makes walking difficult when you can't feel part of your leg. So when I walk, I have to either use crutches, one crutch or a cane. I don't get out much and when I do go out it is usually to the Doctor, the pharmacy or to the grocery, and I don't go anywhere alone. I have been mainly camped out on the couch, since I feel so lonely in the bedroom.

I have been able to crochet quite a bit and do some stash busting. Luckily I have a lot of yarn. I think I would have gone over the edge if it wasn't for my crocheting. I have made dishcloths, washcloths, a camera case and 4 afghans, with 2 more afghans in the works. I made a regular ripple, a round ripple, a big lapghan, and a 2 strander.
I wasn't able to get a picture on the ripple yet. I have a ripple and a 2 strander in the works, along with other UFO ghans that have been sitting here for a long time, Maybe I will get to those soon, since it looks like bed rest will continue for a while longer.



Time to grab my hook, yarn and get hooking. I hope to have the 2 strander done soon, but I am not sure if I will have enough yarn to make it the size I want it to be. I will work on it until I am out of yarn, then see if I can find anymore of the colors(s) I need to finish it. I hope to have pictures of my latest projects soon.

No comments: