Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Finally Made Myself A Ghan!!


After making so many Round Ripples, 2 Strand and 3 Strand Ghans for everyone else, I finally made myself one. Hilly doesn't normally let anyone use hers, but when she was on crutches she had me bring her 3 strander out into the living room so when she was lounging on the couch she could cover up with it. One day when she was at school, I was tired so I decided to take a nap and was too lazy to go to my bedroom, so I grabber her 3 strander and snuggled under it. It was so warm and cuddly I decided to make myself one.
Since I didn't have enough Caron SS to make one, I used RHSS and ILTY (Hobby Lobby's brand). I used Light Mint and Hunter Green (RHSS) and White (ILTY). I used my new size M Susan Bates Bamboo Handle Hook. It ended up being 45" wide and 75" long. I don't usually make myself anything in green, but I got it on sale real cheap and couldn't pass it up. I had no clue what I was going to make with it, and after thinking about it for a while, this is what I came up with.
It is done in simple DC. Nothing fancy, but it is so warm, soft and cuddly. I love it. I see another one in my future. I just have to decide what colors I want my next one!!



No comments: