Monday, October 13, 2008

2 New Shawls

A friend of mine was going on a cruise and wanted a shawl to take along. She crochets, but knew she wouldn't have enough time to make one. She wanted something in a neutral color that was lacy and not too thick. I had the perfect pattern for one, so I whipped up a Sweet Pea Shawl for her. I used Hobby Lobby's brand I Love This Yarn in white. Here she is modeling it:




When I got done with hers, I looked across the room and there was a skein of Peaches 'N Cream Shaded Denim just begging to be made into a shawl, so I made my first Sweet Pea Shawl in cotton. I love it and can't wait to make another one in cotton. Here it is:






I have more projects finished, just need to get pics taken first.

2 comments:

Marie Anne said...

I love the shawl! I'll bet your friend enjoyed having it for her cruise.

Rhonda Bailey said...

I crochet prayer shawls for people in my church and anyone else I hear about who needs one. Would you mind sharing your pattern? They are both beautiful. Thanks