Monday, September 17, 2007

First Christmas Present Finished!!

I've gotten a little behind on posting here. I've been so busy that time just seems to get away from me. I have lots of projects in the works right now. I have a round ripple, a 2 strand ghan, scarves, a rug, and dishcloths in various stages of completion. But I did get this Round Ripple Afghan done for my Mom for Christmas. It is done in RHSS Yarn in the colors of Black and Artist Print. It ended up being 65 Inches point to point. I was going to make it bigger, but for 3 reasons I didn't: 1) she is still recovering from surgery and has limited mobility, so dealing with a monster round ripple wouldn't be a good thing, 2) she is 5'2", and doesn't really need a monster round ripple, and 3), I ran out of the Artist Print!! I decided to use this color scheme to match the 'Straight' Ripple ghan I made her when she was in the Hospital.

I have another one finished, and I will post about that one later. Right now, I hear my yarn and hook calling me, and I've learned that if I don't answer the call and start crocheting right away, I end up making mistakes!!

No comments: